I’ve always enjoyed riding on swings ever since I was a kid, it feels great feeling the air go against your body as you swing forward, as enjoyable swings were for me, I’ve also learned some lessons from them.
- Riding on a swing is like living.There will always be bad times, where you feel like life is dragging you backwards (sometimes even holding you back in place for a long while) and there will always be good times where you feel like life is going great and everything is just happy ( you also feel relaxed as if all the challenges of life are just passing through you.)
- You’ll need life to pull you back so you can enjoy swinging forward better. Remember those times when you ask the person pushing you to pull you back farther so you can go swing forward higher?
Same goes with life, if life pulls you back further, the moment it lets you go will be more enjoyable.
- Swings teach us to be patient.We need to relax about life pulling us and holding us still in bad moments and situations, because when you are on a swing, you need to be patient about being pulled and held back so you can go higher and faster and that makes the ride better.
- It’s tough when you are alone.When you’re the only one on a swing, it’s hard to pull yourself backwards using your feet or body, it takes twice the effort to swing back, just so you can swing forward again. It’s still the same feeling when you go forward but going backward is just a pain.
- Swings teaches us the importance of companions.Not only does companions help you move forward, they also support you during those times when you go backward, they will always be their to hold you so you won’t move backwards too much and they help push you back forward to your happiest moments, Without companions the ride (life) will be tough and it won’t be much enjoyable.
- Life is just a swing.You continue to go back, forward, back, forward, back, forward. It’s just a cycle, but that makes it enjoyable. So if you’re feeling stuck or pulled backwards, just relax because it’s a guarantee that you’re gonna go swing forward and the ride will be better than you expect. Just always remember to enjoy the ride.